My digital handshake

Sunday 8 November 2015

Reflecting on my learning so far

Research
This week, I researched into the Physical landscapes of Ancient China. A monument that I researched into, was the Great Wall of China. I found out that the wall is 21,196.18km long and that it was built originally by several different states and then made into one wall by emperor Quin Shin. Making all the walls into one big wall, helped the Chinese defend themselves against Northern invaders like the Mongols. The wall was built by slaves and poor people, and over 1000 people died. 
I used to think the Great Wall was built all at the same time but now I think different states and Dynasties added different parts to the wall.

Collaboration project
My topic in the Collaboration project is about music and art in China. We are researching into music and arts in schools, and in Chinese culture. I have started and participated in many conversations in my group. 
This is my introduction to my group. Because the topic is about music and art, I decided to tell my group members about my interests in music. The person that replied is Mrs.Mirtschin. She is group teacher, and she will help my group throughout the collaborative project.
This is the introduction that Mrs Mirtschin our group teacher introduced herself to us with. Underneath are the questions that Mrs Mirtschin commented on. 
Alyshia is a girl from Adelaide who is in my group. She seems really nice, and I hope to work with her lots throughout the collaboration. It is really good that the people that have been put into this group are int music and art like me.
I wonder what the collaborative project is, now that we have out topics, i'm really exited to start it. However I'm also a bit nervous about starting it, because it may be hard to work in a group with people from all over the world.

Project overview
During this project, I will need to use my time wisely and effectively. This is an ongoing project, so I need to put aside a bit of time each night to work on it. I think it will be quite easy to manage my time, well as long as I stay up to date, and don't leave it to the last minute. Just because this project is online, doesn't mean that there will be less work. I will need to develop new skills to collaborate effectively with my group on Edmodo and other social media platforms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment